For most people coming to an unfamiliar church can feel, well… unfamiliar. First of all we want you to know you are welcome here. Here is a glimpse into each of our weekly service so you can know what to expect.
As soon as you walk to the front doors our ushers will open up the door and greet you. If you should have any questions about where anything is located in our facility they would be glad to either tell you or give you an escort where you need to go. If you have little ones with you an usher would be glad to introduce you to Mrs. Kathy Volking, our nursery coordinator.
SUNDAY SCHOOL CONNECTION GROUPS
Sunday School Connection Groups meet at 9:45am each week in classrooms throughout the facility. There is a something for every age group from nursery, children, teens, college & 20somethings covering all different ages. For adults it is your choice if you would rather attend a men’s, ladies, or couples’s group. There is also an “all ages” group called Open Doors. We want you to attend a group that best fits you and your family. In Connection Groups there will be a time for fellowship, Bible study, & prayer. There may be planning for upcoming ministry opportunities as well. If you need help finding a Connection Group just walk up to the Connection Point desk and we will be glad to help you find your way.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES
We have two worship times each Sunday morning- one at 8:30am and one at 11:00am. The reason we have two worship times is to be able to make room for people (because when we only had one morning worship time the room was quite snug). Both of the Sunday morning worship services are identical in content, so choose whichever one fits you or your family best. We also have Sunday evening services at 6:00pm- although it would be wise to check the calendar on our website to make sure what is happening any particular Sunday night. Our morning worship time typically begins with music- both congregational (sing along) and from our choir & worship team. We have a blended worship style- enjoying hymns and worship songs written more recently. Our choir and ensemble are accompanied often by piano, keyboard, drums, and guitars. Lyrics are projected on large video screens so everyone can follow along. There is an offering is taken in each worship service and this is for our members- not for visitors (we do not expect non-members to participate with the offering). The message is preached by our Pastor and on occasion another staff member or lay person. Most services are concluded with a invitation- a time where people can respond to the Lord or come to a pastor for prayer or counseling.
Wednesday nights EBBC is buzzing with opportunity. We are glad to see folks filing in from work and school- maybe even ball practice. There are many different things going on simultaneously on Wednesday nights. Here is a brief run down:
- The nursery opens at 6pm for little ones cradle through 4 years old. Mrs. Kathy Volking and her crew would be glad to help you.
- AWANA is for children (ages 3 years-old through 6th grade) & operates during the school year. For the summer months Summer Kids is our progaming.
- TheMix is for teenagers and meets in the Youth Room (on the 3rd floor) at 6:15pm. You can read more about the format of TheMix here.
- Choir Practice meets at 6:15pm in the Choir Room. Anyone interested in being a part of the choir ministry on Sunday mornings can meet to rehearse upcoming songs with Bro. Rickey Kelly.
- Bible Study / Prayer Meeting begins at 6:15pm in the auditorium. This time of prayer & Bible study is typically led by our Pastor.